Kidney stones are a very common problem people are facing now days. Small children to adults this disease occurs at almost every age group and with the bad food habits and living style it is on an all time high. The kidneys purify the blood and remove the toxins out of the system. Most of the people with bigger kidney stones might not feel anything but some with smaller stones might experience severe pain as the fragments of stone can pass through the urethra and cause pain. The kidney stone may be made of different materials for example. Calcium, oxalate, uric acid stones.
In some cases the kidney stones do not present any problem. In others, the following are the symptoms felt in kidney stones.
- Severe pain in the abdomen which may be felt at groin or back region.
- Blood in the urine
What Causes the Kidney Stones?
The following are the causes linked to kidney stones.The main cause of kidney stones is unhealthy diet and lifestyle which makes the metabolism defected.Taking less amount of water than daily needs also leads to the formation of these stones.
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Excessive consumption of Acid forming foods like meat, coffee etc.
What can I do to cure my Kidney Stones?
Correcting the diet and lifestyle is the mainstay of the treatment of kidney stones. The idea is to eliminate the stones out of the body and not let the stones reoccur.
Things to avoid:
- Alcohol beverages
- Avoid vegetables like tomatoes, lentils, peas, spinach.
- Avoid Meat, livers, kidneys.
- Milk products
- Avoid foods that irritate the kidneys.
Things to do
- Take a low protein diet.
- Increase the liquid content in your diet to flush out the stone.
- Take 2-3 liters of fluids in a day.
- Drink green smoothies to keep the body acidity in check.